- Willis, Charmaine N. 2019. “Democratization and Civil Society Development through the Perspectives of Gramsci and Tocqueville in South Korea and Japan.” Asian Journal of Comparative Politics. https://doi.org/10.1177/2057891119867401.
- Jahanbani, Nakissa P., and Charmaine N. Willis. 2019. “The Ballot or the Bomb Belt: The Roots of Female Suicide Terrorism Before and After 9/11.” Small Wars and Insurgencies. https://doi.org/10.1080/09592318.2019.1649817
- Pre-print version here: Jahanbani and Willis- The Ballot or the Bomb Belt Pre-Print
- Asal, Victor, Inga Miller, and Charmaine N. Willis. 2019. “System, State, or Individual: Gaming Levels of Analysis in International Relations.” International Studies Perspectives. https://doi.org/10.1093/isp/ekz018
- Jahanbani, Nakissa, Charmaine Willis, and Donnett Lee. 2018. “What We Wish We Knew: Reflections of Brand-New Teaching Assistants.” Journal of Political Science Education 14 (3): 409–13. https://doi.org/10.1080/15512169.2018.1445533.
- Willis, Charmaine N. 2019. “Review of Erin Fitz-Henry’s US Military Bases and Anti-Military Organizing: An Ethnography of an Air Force Base in Ecuador.” Social Movement Studies 18 (6) 758-759. https://doi.org/10.1080/14742837.2019.1590693.
- Willis, Charmaine N. 2018. “Review of Amrita Basu’s Violent Conjunctures in Democratic India.” New Political Science 40 (3): 621-23. https://doi.org/10.1080/07393148.2018.1488092
- Willis, Charmaine N. 2018. “Review of Yuko Kawato’s Protests Against U.S. Military Base Policy in Asia: Persuasion and Its Limits.” New Political Science 40 (1): 206–8. https://doi.org/10.1080/07393148.2018.1420581.
- Willis, Charmaine, Andrew Stravers, and Carla Martinez Machain. “Natural (Base) Selection: The Potential Costs of a U.S. Military Base in the Galapagos.” The Quantitative Peace, September 16, 2019. http://quantitativepeace.com/blog/2019/09/natural-base-selection-the-potential-costs-of-a-u-s-military-base-in-the-galapagos.html.
- Sorensen, Lucy, Charmaine Willis, Melissa L. Breger, and Victor Asal. “School Spankings Are Banned Just about Everywhere around the World except in US.” The Conversation, July 31, 2019. http://theconversation.com/school-spankings-are-banned-just-about-everywhere-around-the-world-except-in-us-118236.
- Willis, Charmaine, and Nakissa Jahanbani. “How Men Can Help Combat Misogyny in Graduate Education.” Times Higher Education (THE), May 7, 2019. https://www.timeshighereducation.com/blog/how-men-can-help-combat-misogyny-graduate-education.
- A version of this piece can be found here: Willis and Jahanbani (2019)- Pretty Good for a Girl
- Jadoon, Amira, Nakissa Jahanbani, and Charmaine Willis. 2018. “Challenging the ISK Brand in Afghanistan-Pakistan: Rivalries and Divided Loyalties.” Combating Terrorism Center Sentinel 11 (4). https://ctc.usma.edu/challenging-isk-brand-afghanistan-pakistan-rivalries-divided-loyalties/.
- Willis, Charmaine N. “‘Great Deceptions’ and Midterms: Status of North Korean Denuclearization.” The Globe Post, November 16, 2018. https://theglobepost.com/2018/11/16/status-north-korea-denuclearization/.
More information about projects and conference papers can be found here: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Charmaine_Willis